Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Steampunk Sun Pendent

So I got the Idea for doing this from one of me cards in my Tarot deck.
The steampunk Tarot By Barbra Moore, it was the sun card.
I needed the polymer clay tell it was workable, then rolled it in a ball.
I then started flattening it out while keeping it round shape. I then took the
gears and squished them together one on each side, doing so adhered
them to the clay. Then I used an eye pin to shape the edges then after
it was shaped, I trimmed the eye pin and inserted it into the end that
was going to be the top. I placed it on aluminum foil and backed
according to the instructions but dubbled the time. And as it was baking I
tied 3 peace's of hemp cord to one half of the clasp, then braded it the
 tied the other end to the other half of the clasp. I then used modpodge
to seal the ends of the hemp cord and the clasp to protect the finish.
And to help  it to not come untied, then after the clay was done
baking, I added a jump ring to the eye pin and placed it onto the cord.
And started to wear it immediately.
The silver gear is the front of the pendent
and the copper is the back of the pendent.

No comments:

Post a Comment