Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Wand number 7

Ok this is the seventh wand I have made I started by removing the bark with
a chisel. The wood I used is a thorn less hunny locust its the second part of
wands number 6,8,9. Wands 6,7,8,9 are all cut from the same long stick.
And when I got to the handle of the wand I liked the pattern it made so
I left the rest of the bark on. I also used the dremel tool to help sand the knots
after using the chisel. The end of the handle I got the shape by the way it wasn't cut
unevenly. I then used the cement on the porch a dremel tool and sand pepper to shape
and round the edges. I sanded it as close to the final sanding as possible.
As I was holding the wand I thought it needs a swirl in it.

 



 

 
I put regular clear tape around the wand from the handle to the tip,
I then traced around it. I then used a dremel tool to sand out the shape.
I then used sand paper to finish the final sanding. I then coated it with
two coats of scolpy glaze and then it was finished. The next images are
the twist in the wand from the handle to the tip of the wand.





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment