Monday, June 25, 2018

wand number 8

Ok like all my wands I start out by removing the bark with a chisel.
This peace after cutting it off of the long stick is kind of bent more then
the rest. what I was trying to do in the middle was make it rounded like a
ball. I tapered the front first then used the cement on the porch to
help round the tip sand paper and a Dremel tool as well. Also
the end of the handle as well, and the shape of the handle end
came cutting it off uneven.
this top one is the tip of the wand the bottom one is the end
of the handle.


Then I sanded the front of the wand with a Dremel tool and sand paper, then
I made the handle a little bit smaller to allow the middle to be more rounded.
I then sanded the handle with a Dremel tool and sand paper. Then I drew on
a swirl line on the handle from the end to the middle. I used a Dremel tool
to carve it out.

I then used a candle to burn the handle of the wand where it was dremeled out.
I cleaned up in-between where it wasn't carved the best I could. Then I coated it
with two coats of scolpy glaze to protect it and keep the birnt part from coming off.
I then added rapped green twine with a longer part to hang something on it.
I made a pentacle out of scolpy polymer clay. Its the same on each side I used
a scrap peace of an eye pin to line it out, after making it round and flatter
The color I used was red purl and put a eye pin trough the middle of
it to hang, And used E600 to secure it in. I tried different ways to secure the
twine and hold the pentacle on. But the twine broke so I used a scrap peace
of an eye pin to sandwich it hold it all tougher.



No comments:

Post a Comment